Call for applications for Odyssea Summer School
Call for Applications for the 2nd ODYSSEA Summer School: "Oceanography and Fisheries in the Mediterranean", Alonissos Island, Greece 2-6 September 2019.
The overall objective of the 2nd ODYSSEA Summer School is to stimulate a scientific dialogue and create a learning experience on oceanography and fisheries in the Mediterranean context. After the end of the program, the trainees will be able to:
• Understand the basic concepts of oceanography and fisheries science
• Use the ODYSSEA project platform for retrieving, managing and processing oceanographic, environmental and fisheries data of the Mediterranean Sea
• Retrieve and use oceanographic datasets and explore international databases on the marine environment
• Learn about the modern developments on marine instruments and sensors used in field sampling for operational oceanographic monitoring
• Learn to assemble fisheries data and monitor marine mammal populations
• Understand fisheries reference points and main stock assessment models and their applicability in fisheries management
• Understand ecological models and their role in marine ecosystem management
Registration and attendance of the summer school are funded. The course is open to International PhD students and early career scientists working or studying in the fields of oceanography and fisheries sciences.
Full details are available at: