2019 Global Youth Video Competition
The UNDP-implemented GEF Small Grants Programme (SGP) is pleased to announce its 2019 Global Youth Video Competition.
This year, the fifth edition of the video competition aims to mobilize global youth around the Climate Action Summit organized in Sept 2019 by the United Nations Secretary-General António Guterres.
The competition is led by the Secretariats of the three Rio Conventions: the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC), the Convention on Biological Diversity(CBD) and the United Nations Convention to Combat Desertification (UNCCD), in partnership with the GEF Small Grants Programme (SGP), implemented by the United Nations Development Programme, and Television for the Environment (TVE).
Please note the following conditions:
- Entrants must be between 18 and 30 years of age + should submit a maximum 3-minute video by 28 July 2019 on one of the themes outlined below;
- Judging panels composed of representatives of the three Rio Convention secretariats will pre-select a short list of videos in each category based on the criteria of content, innovation, originality, impact, and technical expertise;
- Pre-selected videos will then be posted online to be voted on by the public;
- One winner will be selected per category. The three winners will attend and screen their films at the UNFCCC COP25 in Santiago, Chile, in Dec 2019;
- Winning videos will also be screened in front of a global audience at the UNCCD COP14 in New Delhi, India, in Sept 2019.
The three themes are as follows:
- Nature-based Solutions for Food and Human Health
- Cities and Local Action to Combat Climate Change
- Nature-Based Solutions to balance the use of land for people and ecosystems