Summer consultancy on business and sustainability - FairWild Foundation, TRAFFIC International, David Attenborough building, Cambridge
FairWild Foundation is looking for an enthusiastic and proactive person for a summer consultancy in which they would run their own ‘matchmaking’ project. This position would be ideal for a student or recent graduate.
The aim of this project is to help us expand our certification scheme to more businesses and deliver conservation and social benefits during commercial collection of wild plants and fungi. It will focus on helping companies – those selling tea, cosmetics or foods and wishing to make their supply of wild products more sustainable – to find the products they need.
The position is co-hosted by TRAFFIC International – the wildlife trade monitoring network.
FairWild Foundation is working to improve the conservation, management and sustainable use of wild plants in trade, as well as the livelihoods of rural harvesters involved in collection. As a key tool to achieve this goal, we maintain the FairWild Standard and certification system for the sustainable management and collection of wild plants. You may have seen our logo on your cup of Pukka tea or on a bottle of Juniper Green Gin!
- Develop a list of potential FairWild collection groups based on past enquiries
- Contacting wild collector groups and discussing their FairWild expansion potential
- Creating ‘operator profiles’ for all current and selected potential FairWild collector groups
- Interviewing company representatives about desired FairWild products
- Connecting companies with matching collector groups by phone or email
- Setting up a regular ‘matchmaking’ mailing list for companies and collector groups
- Other related tasks as they come up
- Strong interest in nature conservation
- At least two years of relevant university education
- Willingness to learn about environmental certification schemes
- Professional and pro-active attitude
- Proficient in Word and Excel
- Proficiency in English (with other languages a bonus)
Please let us know as well if you have any of the following:
- Experience and interest in working with businesses on CSR
- Experience with mailing client Mail Chimp
- Experience with simple website management
- Basic graphic design skills
Start date: Flexible |between mid-June and mid-July
Length of consultancy: 26 working days (seven-hour days excluding lunch) with between three and five days a week
Location: TRAFFIC International, David Attenborough building, Cambridge, UK
Please email Milja Fenger at Milja.firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and cover letter which explains your interest in this position. If before applying you would like to discuss the job further, please do get in touch via email.