Red List Research Assistant, Cambridge. Birdlife International
19 Apr 2018
Red List Research Assistant
• Location: Cambridge, UK
• Full time: 35 hours per week
• Duration: 1 year fixed-term contract, with potential for extension
• Salary: £18,000 - £22,000 pro rata per annum (dependant on skills and experience), plus competitive 12% pension benefit
• Annual Leave: 25 days pro rata per annum in year 1, increasing by 1 day pa to 28 days
• Start date: ASAP, and no later than June 2018
BirdLife International is the world’s largest nature conservation partnership. Through our unique local-to-global approach, we deliver high impact and long-term conservation for the benefit of nature and people.
We are looking for a Research Assistant to join our Science Division in the Global Secretariat, to support BirdLife’s work on assessing the IUCN Red List status of the world’s birds.
The ideal candidate will have
• A broad knowledge of the world’s birds, their distribution and ecology, and of global conservation issues
• A scientific approach, analytical mind and ability to collate and synthesise information
• The ability to write clearly, accurately and concisely
• An understanding of how the IUCN Red List categories and criteria are applied to assess species’ extinction risk
• At least a first degree in a biological or environmental subject
• The right to work in the UK
Closing date: 19 April 2018
Application: Applicants should include a covering letter summarising their suitability for the position, a detailed CV, and contact details of two referees known to them in a professional capacity. Applicants will need to be eligible to work in the UK. Applications should be sent by email, stating where the advert was seen, to: email@example.com
Interviews: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Interviews will be held in Cambridge on 30 April 2018.