Project Support Officer (USG Projects) - TRAFFIC, Cambridge UK
Title: Project Support Officer
Location: TRAFFIC International, Cambridge United Kingdom
Reporting to: Senior Project Admnistrative Officer - GAA
Type of contract: Fixed term (24 months with possibility of renewal)
Closing date: 24 September 2017
TRAFFIC, the wildlife trade monitoring network, works to ensure that trade in wild animals and plants is not a threat to the conservation of nature. We actively monitor and investigate wildlife trade and provide information to diverse audiences worldwide as a basis for effective conservation policies and programmes. TRAFFIC is a strategic alliance of World Wide Fund for Nature (WWF) and the International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN) and is an international network, organised into six regional programmes.
TRAFFIC implements a diverse portfolio of work funded by a variety of donors in the government and private sector. This position provides support to the management of projects funded by US government (USG) agencies to ensure that project implementing teams operate effectively, on time and according to donor requirements. The Project Support Officer will work closely with USG Project Managers, Administrators and wider project implementation teams. The Project Support Officer is a key internal contact point for implementation and reporting issues for USG projects.
• Reviewing, advising and negotiating on the terms of donor contracts and agreements
• Organising any necessary outgoing project funding agreements and arranging for the timely transfer of funds to TRAFFIC offices
• Advising the project team on the management of project finances, maintaining cash-flows and assisting with budget forecasts and liaising with the project team on a day-to-day basis
• Working with Project Managers and TRAFFIC implementing offices and staff to ensure the timely preparation and submission of project financial reports, project technical reports and any other financial documents required by donors, including review and quality control elements
• Liaising with the TRAFFIC Operations team on budget and contract coordination and troubleshooting
• Supporting as required the team on proposal development and proposal submissions
• Preparing for project audits including the collection and review of supporting documentation from the TRAFFIC offices.
• Coordinating with the project teams on day-to-day project administration including scheduling meeting, writing minutes and agendas and circulating reference material for preparation of meetings
• Attending training on USG projects requirements and keeping up to date on USG rules and regulations.
• Provide training and support on USG project management practices and project implementation tools and procedures to project team staff.
Any other duties relevant to the role
• Must be eligible to live and work in the UK
• Be educated to a university-degree level
• Have relevant experience in project support for USG projects, in particular with USAID
• Relevant and proven experience in project administration, budgeting and contracting
• Experience working with financial reports and preparing donor/project reports
• A good team player used to meeting tight deadlines, working under pressure, and also willing to work on own initiative
• A willingness and ability to travel globally, occasionally to less developed countries
• Computer literate with an emphasis on using spreadsheets
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and strong organisational ability
• Strong fluency in written and oral English required with fluency in other languages an advantage