Programme Officer, Capacity Development & Local Empowerment
- Location: Cambridge, UK
- Full time: 35 hours per week
- Contract: 2 years Fixed term
- Salary: circa £26,000 pro rata per annum plus competitive 12% pension benefit
- Annual Leave: 25 days pro rata per annum in year 1, increasing by 1 day pa to 28 days
BirdLife International is the world’s largest nature conservation partnership. Through our unique local-to-global approach, we deliver high impact and long-term conservation for the benefit of nature and people.
We are looking for someone to fill the position of Programme Officer, Capacity Development & Local Empowerment in the Partnership, Communities and Capacity Development (PCCD) department. This person will support the development, management and communication of BirdLife Global Programmes on Capacity Development and Local Engagement and Empowerment.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A degree in the Social Sciences, Life Sciences, or in a conservation-relevant subject (e.g. ecology, geography, biology)
- A post-graduate qualification in the same with experience of work in biodiversity conservation projects would be a strong advantage
The ideal candidate must be able to demonstrate:
- Project management skills
- Conservation work experience, preferably in an NGO environment
- Good analytical and report writing skills
- High levels of organisation, attention to detail and ability to track and work to multiple deadlines
A detailed job description can be found at www.birdlife.org/jobs.
Job advert and job description attached below
Closing date:11 November, 2018
Application: Applications should include a covering letter summarising the applicant’s suitability for the position, a detailed CV and contact details of two referees known to the applicant in a professional capacity. Applications should be sent by email, stating where the advert was seen, to: email@example.com
Interviews: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Interview date: 21 November, 2018