Programme Manager - Natural Resource Security Team, CISL
This exciting role, at the University of Cambridge Institute for Sustainability Leadership (http://www.cisl.cam.ac.uk/), is an opportunity to join a small dynamic and fast-paced team that engages with a global network of companies to determine how business can sustain the natural world through its strategies and operating practices. The Natural Resource Security team (http://www.cisl.cam.ac.uk/business-action/natural-resource-security) works to enable natural capital to become part of the day-to-day 'routines' and decision-making of companies within a supportive policy and economic environment.
This includes enabling companies to understand their impacts and dependencies on soil, water and biodiversity, and identify how to measure and manage them effectively. The role will involve facilitating a group of businesses working to explore and expand their capabilities to address resource degradation through commercially viable strategies.
The role will contribute to a range of programmes within CISL's Resource Security team including the Natural Capital Impact Group (http://bit.ly/2uqgrgy) and other key partnerships which provide a structured path for companies to create solutions at scale.
You must be committed to the values that underpin CISL's work and will be expected to demonstrate the following essential skills and experience:
· Qualification to at least degree level or equivalent
· Expertise in natural capital and ecosystems and other sustainability issues, and how they affect business
· Experience of the commercial realities of investing in natural capital within corporate operations
· Experience of working closely with senior stakeholders including business leaders
· Ability to think strategically
· Confident facilitator and excellent communicator, with strong written and verbal communication skills, able to make complex content accessible to a wide range of audiences
· Experience of supporting funding applications and identifying new funding sources
· Experience of working in a fast-paced pressured environment as part of a project team
· Strong project management skills, including financial planning, with experience of developing, maintaining and delivering against budgets
· Good analytical skills with high standard of attention to detail
· Ability to work on own initiative, be flexible and manage competing priorities, and to manage others in that context.
Application deadline: 14 August 2017