Office Administrator (temporary, maternity cover, 12-14 months), Cambridge
Job title: Office Administrator (maternity cover)
Duration: 12 – 14 months, with the possibility of extension
Working hours: 9am to 5.30pm (or 8.30am to 5pm) Mondays to Fridays (37.5 hours per week)
Location: The Biodiversity Consultancy (TBC) Ltd, 3E King’s Parade, Cambridge. CB2 1SJ
Line manager: Office Manager
Team: Business Support (administration, communications and marketing, HR and finance)
Salary: £18,000 - £22,000 per annum
Key roles and responsibilities
1. Administrative support and general assistance
· Arranging and setting up team meetings: managing the agendas, delegating a chair, and taking notes/minutes
· Providing administrative support and general assistance to the director and the consultants including: reformatting documents and other administrative support as required
· Managing and filing annual leave and sickness absence forms
· Assisting the Director in an Executive Assistant capacity with tasks such as diary management, arranging travel and meetings etc
· Assisting the HR and Communications Manager as required, e.g. with arranging candidate interviews.
· Managing the TBC office facilities and ensuring that staff and freelance consultants have the resources they need
· Electronic and paper filing as required
· Supporting the Office Manager with reviewing and updating TBC’s administrative procedures, HSE policy etc
· Supporting the consultants and director with client relationships and liaising professionally with clients
· Leading our yearly carbon offset monitoring, calculation and donation.
2. Invoicing and accounting
· Assisting staff with on-going use of accounting and timesheet software as required
· Running project tracking reports as required by managers and consultants
· Assisting with payroll when needed.
· Entering, following up and reconciling staff expenses and credit card payments.
· Assisting with credit control as necessary.
· Making travel arrangements for consultants with complicated, changeable itineraries
· Obtaining visas for consultants, often many at one time
· Managing the monthly travel reports to track our CO2 emissions.
· Arranging off site meetings, training and other events as required
· Providing logistical support and arrangements for the annual retreat (week-long staff strategy and communication event)
· Organising social events
· Organising catering and other requirements for events, following TBC’s green policy at all times
· Overseeing the use of the entertainments fund.
· Acting as the port of call for any IT issues in the office
· Supporting the Office Manager to trouble-shoot IT issues, with the support of our IT company.