Legal & Risk Manager - BirdLife International, Cambridge
8 Oct 2017
Legal & Risk Manager
• Location: Cambridge, UK
• Part time: up to 14 hours per week – flexible on working pattern
• Contract: Open ended
• Salary: £40,000 - £49,000 pro rata per annum, dependent on skills and experience, plus competitive 12% pension benefit
• Annual Leave: 25 days pro rata per annum in year 1, increasing by 1 day pa to 28 days
This is a rare opportunity to apply your legal skills and experience to genuinely make a difference.
BirdLife International is the world’s largest nature conservation partnership. Through our unique local-to-global approach, we deliver high impact and long-term conservation for the benefit of nature and people.
We are looking for a qualified solicitor to lead in the planning, implementation and control of all contractual and legal matters relating to the organisation. This person will be based at our headquarters housed within the David Attenborough Building in Cambridge.
You will ensure that the organisation plans for and meets contractual and compliance obligations across its international operations. You will research and provide advice on a wider variety of legal and contractual matters relating to funding arrangements, risk management, trademarks, data protection, charity and company operating structures across an international organisation.
The ideal candidate will have
• Significant Post Qualified Experience
• Sound basic financial literacy
• Sound understanding of risk management and the ability to mitigate risk
• Knowledge of charity legislation
• Knowledge and understanding of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
• A proven track record of informing, influencing and training staff and management in areas of compliance and risk
• The ability to summarise and simplify complex information and present to a range of audiences
• Planning and project management skills
• Experience of operating within an international environment
• The right to work in the UK
Closing date: 8 October 2017
Application: Applications should include a covering letter summarising the applicant’s suitability for the position, a detailed CV and contact details of two referees known to the applicant in a professional capacity. Applications should be sent by email, stating where the advert was seen, to: email@example.com
Interviews: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Interviews will be held week commencing 16 October 2017.