Editorial Assistant. Cover for maternity leave. International Whaling Commission, Cambridge
EDITORIAL ASSISTANT VACANCY
Based in Cambridge, the International Whaling Commission (IWC) is the global body charged with the conservation of whales and management of whaling. The IWC currently has 89 member governments from countries all over the world.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to for an experienced Editorial Assistant to join the International Whaling Commission to cover a 6-month maternity leave on a full-time basis.
Reporting to the Senior Editorial Assistant, your main duties will be to:
- Coordinate the peer review process for the IWC’s journal, the Journal of Cetacean Research and Management.
- Assist in the production, processing, distribution and archiving of the Commission’s official documents.
- Formatting, proof-reading and providing references for intersessional reports and other documents as necessary.
The successful candidate will have experience of the publishing process and will be:
- A quick learner and effective communicator
- Confident in the use of Microsoft Office packages (especially Word and Outlook), Adobe and EndNote
- Able to proof-read and process documents accurately and effectively
Please see the full job description and person specification for this role before applying here.
The role is on the Commission’s G3 scale point, with an annual equivalent full-time salary of £25,868 - £30,145 depending on experience.
To apply for this role, please send a CV (no longer than 2 pages) and covering letter explaining your suitability for the role and how you meet the requirements of the person specification to email@example.com.