Data Analyst, Bird Life International, Cambridge, UK
- Location: Cambridge, UK
- Full time: 35 hours per week
- Contract: 12 Month Fixed term contract
- £28,000 to £31,000 Per Annum
- Annual Leave: 25 days pro rata in year 1
BirdLife International is the world’s largest nature conservation partnership.Through our unique local-to-global approach, we deliver high impact and long-term conservation for the benefit of nature and people.
We are looking for a Data Analystto join our Information Management team in the Global Secretariat to work with us to define, develop and support the information systems, reports and dashboards related to all aspects of the BirdLife data journey.
This person will utilise skills in SQL database systems and possess experience with relevant software in order to build robust and accurate systems. In addition to this, they will analyse and interrogate data using the Word Database of Key Biodiversity Areas (WDKBA). They will also provide commentary analysis whilst demonstrating high levels of attention to detail and accuracy.
The ideal candidate will have
- A working knowledge of relational databases, such as PostgreSQL
- Demonstrable experience of data manipulation either in a previous role or as an extensive part of an academic qualification
- Experience in compiling data from multiple sources, data cleaning and checking
- Excellent interpersonal and oral communication skills with the ability to present to internal colleagues at all levels
- BSc (or higher) in Computer Science, GIS, Geography or equivalent relevant work experience in an IT related discipline
- The right to work in the UK
- An interest in nature conservation would be an advantage
A detailed job description can be found at www.birdlife.org/jobs.
Closing date: 21 May 2019
Application: Applications should include a covering letter summarising the applicant’s suitability for the position, a detailed CV and contact details of two referees known to the applicant in a professional capacity. Applications should be sent by email, stating where the advert was seen, to: firstname.lastname@example.org