Country Director, Argentina, Global Conservation Program, Southern Cone & Patagonia, Buenos Aires
In addition to managing programme, human resources and repsentation/partnerships the Key Responsilities include,
In consultation and coordination with the Southern Cone & Patagonia Regional Director will:
· Serve as a member of the Southern Cone & Patagonia regional team, helping update the regional strategy, promoting cross-border collaborations and facilitating learning between programs.
· Serve as the legal representative of WCS Argentina, including all its staff and programs and ensure the Argentina program complies with all rules, regulations and best practices issued by the local Government and governing bodies of WCS. This includes but is not limited to: registration; taxes; terms and conditions of employment of staff; contracts; permits, and mandated government reports. The Country Director is directly responsible to the government of Argentina for all in-country legal matters regardless of WCS line management.
· Provide timely information to all relevant departments at WCS about developments in the country program, and the political and conservation context of the country.
· Ensure fluid communication channels within country program and with other WCS programs.
· Ensure financial sustainability of WCS Argentina developing innovative funding mechanisms, and fundraising from bilateral and multilateral cooperation agencies, foundations, private donors, and corporate funders. Oversee preparation of funding proposals in coordination with other relevant departments in WCS.
· Supervise the financial management of the program, including accepting overall fiduciary responsibility. Work with the Regional Business Manager, the country Financial Manager, Project Directors, and New York office to develop and stay within an annual budget and work plan.
· Conduct general day-to-day oversight of all WCS staff living and working in the country.
· Be responsible for all emergency and crisis response for all staff in the program.