Managed by GrantScape, the Mick George Community Fund provides financial support to community projects that meet the criteria per year.
From the first of two annual ‘Community Fund’ announcements, the organisation is set to provide funding to an abundance of community based initiatives, to a value in its entirety that surpasses £460,000, with some of the fortunate recipients based in the Northamptonshire, Cambridgeshire, Leicestershire and Bedfordshire territory.
Beneficiaries span a wide nature of sports and community projects, that will prove advantageous to variance audiences. These include:
- Rushton Village Hall: Refurbishment
- First for Wellbeing: Brixworth Sensory Play Garden
- Northampton Partnership Homes: Playground
- Weldon Cricket Club: Wicket Covers and Boundary Ropes
- The Wildlife Trust BCN Ltd: Sprucing Up Summer Leys
- Yardley Gobion Recreational Centre: Roof Refurbishment
- Ellistown and Battleflat Parish Council: Children’s Play Park
- Oakham Angling Society: Canal and Fishery Improvements
- Cambridgeshire Educational Trust: Swimming Pool Liner Replacement
- Chatteris Town Football Club: West Street Improvements
- Royal Society for the Protection of Birds: Visitor Experience at RSPB Ouse Washe
- Kings Ripton Village Hall Trust: Hall Improvement
- Nene Park Trust: Improving Wildlife Watching
- The Methodist Organisation Crowland: Refurbishment
- Bluntisham Cricket Club: Dual Lane Astro Practice Facility
- Biggleswade Town FC: Refurbishment of Club Facilities
- Stamford Tennis Club: Clubhouse Refurbishment
The second round of applications for the 2017 Mick George Community Fund is now open and closes on September 30th.