This year Allianz Reinsurance is launching the Allianz Climate Risk Research Award as part of its activities to mitigate risks related to climate change, to increase resilience, and to promote scientific research.
Topic: Climate risk: real-time information & new technologies.
The Award is intended to support talented researchers whose research focuses on:
- Reducing the risk of extreme weather events that are intensified by climate change
- Fostering resilience by applying technological solutions
We are looking for research projects that work-on or build the basis for innovative solutions such as:
- Using social media or drones to deliver information on the extent and impact of flood or hail events
- Improving predicting capabilities for flash floods and heavy precipitation events
- Assessing the risks of droughts through satellite monitoring technology
- Understanding how new technologies can change early warning systems and their effectiveness for society
- Understanding decision-making processes around climate adaptation and resilience on the household, local and international level
PhD students who are in the final stage of their research and postdoctoral researchers who have recently finished their research, are invited to apply. We welcome individual applications from the fields of natural sciences as well as economic and social sciences. Four finalists will receive a monetary award and will be invited to an Award ceremony at the Allianz SE offices in Munich in December 2017 to present their findings and take part in an interactive discussion with renowned experts from both industry and academia.
- EUR 7.000 First finalist
- EUR 5.000 Second finalist
- EUR 3.000 Third finalist
- EUR 2.000 Fourth finalist
What to expect from the Award Event:
- Invitation for a one-day Award event in Munich with all costs covered
- Exposure of the finalists’ research projects on the website allianz.com
- Exclusive insights into the insurance industry’s work on climate change and extreme weather events
- Participation in a discussion round with the Award’s jury, experts and other guests from Allianz Group and academia.
The deadline for applications closes 02/09/2017