One of CCF's most important roles is to organize events that give members of the Cambridge conservation community opportunities to meet and to discuss issues in conservation and to disseminate information about relevant events organized by others.
Reports of CCF meetings can be found in the reports section of this site.
CCF Diary of Events
Our diary of events includes the following types of events:
- CCF Symposium – Occurs in January each year. See the Reports page for downloadable presentations and poster abstracts.
- Discussion Seminars - 2 hour meetings that address current key conservation issues and emerging problems through short introductory talks by experts followed by an hour or more of open discussion.
- Brown Bag Lunches – informal lunchtime talks.
- Pub meetings – informal social gatherings on the first Monday of every month (or the second Monday, when the first is a bank holiday), at The Castle Inn, 38 Castle Street, Cambridge, CB3 0AJ. We are there from 7pm until at least 9pm, so come along for a drink and a chat with colleagues working in and around conservation. If you can't see anyone obviously CCF-ish, ask at the bar, and if you're the first one there, tell them where you're sitting.
- Other events – CCF also organises one-off seminars and social events from time to time, and advertises other conservation meetings in the Cambridge area organised by Members and Friends.