Policy conference: beyond the CAP - the future of UK agriculture. London
This seminar will bring together key stakeholders to discuss the future opportunities and challenges for UK agriculture post-Brexit and beyond the Common Agricultural Policy (CAP).
As the agenda includes discussion on the role of environmental enhancement in future UK agriculture, as part of the Government’s plans outlined in the 25 Year Environment Plan, to reform the payments model by incentivising farmers to deliver ‘public goods’ in order to receive future payments
There will also be a keynote contribution from Sarah Church, Director, Future Farming & Countryside Programme, Defra and Sue Hayman MP, Shadow Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs and Neil Parish MP, Chair, House of Commons Environment, Food and Rural Affairs Select Committee have kindly agreed to chair.
Further sessions discuss agricultural policy in the devolved nations, following the Government analysis on returning EU powers, which highlighted agricultural support amongst the 24 policy areas which would be temporarily retained by Westminster.
Sessions include discussion on:
- Agriculture in the UK - next steps for policy;
- Supporting farmers in developing agriculture and providing ‘public goods’ post-Brexit;
- Soil health, sustainability and increasing productivity;
- Developing a funding system which works for farmers and policy objectives;
- Accessing alternative sources of finance;
- Preserving and enhancing natural capital post-Brexit;
- Alternative funding systems for agriculture - with a case study from the Swiss Federal Office for Agriculture;
- Developing trading relationships and maintaining competitiveness - with a case study from the New Zealand High Commission; and
- Opportunities for developing the farming sector across the UK.
To book places, please use our online booking form.
Once submitted, this will be taken as a confirmed booking and will be subject to our terms and conditions below.
Please pay in advance by credit card on 01344 864796. If advance credit card payment is not possible, please let me know and we may be able to make other arrangements.
Options and charges are as follows:
- Places at Beyond the CAP - the future for UK agriculture post-Brexit (including refreshments and PDF copy of the transcripts) are £230 plus VAT;
- Concessionary rate places for small charities, unfunded individuals and those in similar circumstances are £85 plus VAT. Please be sure to apply for this at the time of booking.
For those who cannot attend:
- Copies of the briefing document, including full transcripts of all speeches and the questions and comments sessions and further articles from interested parties, will be available approximately 12 days after the event for £95 plus VAT;
- Concessionary rate: £50 plus VAT.