NBN Conference and UK Awards 2017 - Cardiff, UK
This year’s theme is “Data – what is it good for?” We will bring you full details of the two day programme in due course, but we are pleased to confirm the following speakers so far:
Thursday 16th November
- Jo Judge – NBN Chief Executive
- Ellen Wilson – Chair of the Scottish Biodiversity Information Forum
- Helen Wilkinson and Barnaby Letheren – Natural Resources Wales
- LERC Wales
We have built in a full afternoon of workshops on Thursday 16th November. You will need to select which workshop you wish to join when you complete your registration form. Places are limited for each workshop, so please don’t forget to book!
The UK Award winners will also be announced at a ceremony on the evening of 16th November at the Museum, so please confirm your attendance for this event if you plan to join us. Find out more about the UK Awards
Friday 17th November
- Keynote address – Dr Mark Eaton, Principal Conservation Scientist, RSPB Centre for Conservation Science
- Barry Stewart – Bryophyte Recorder for Glamorgan & Plant Recorder for West Glamorgan
- Keiron Derek Brown – Earthworm Society of Britain
- ID Trainer for the Future, Natural History Museum
- Steph West – UK Biodiversity Training Manager, Natural History Museum and John Tweddle – Head of Centre, Angela Marmont Centre for UK Biodiversity, Natural History Museum
- Sir John Burnett Memorial lecture – Professor Yvonne Buckley, Chair of Zoology, School of Natural Sciences, Trinity College Dublin
- Niall Moore, Chief Non-native Species Officer, GB Non-native Species Secretariat
- Sue Townsend – Field Studies Council
- Dr Graham Smith – Animal and Plant Health Agency, Defra
(For information: Registration on Thursday is usually from 9.30 am with the first speaker at 10 am. The main business of the Conference usually ends at around 5 pm.
Registration on Friday is usually from 9 am with the first speaker at 9.30 am. The main business of the Conference usually ends at around 4.30 pm)
Bookings are now open. Book now to get the Early Bird discount, which ends on Friday 15th September.