Biodiversity 2020 and beyond
At the current scale we are witnessing, global biodiversity loss represents a grave threat to human populations. The Food and Agriculture Organisation of the United Nations (FAO) warns that without sufficient biodiversity, global food production will becoming increasingly volatile, consequently threatening global food security (FAO, 2019). The most recent biodiversity indicators published by the Department for Environment, Rural and Agricultural Affairs (Defra) found that just over half of the long-term measures included within the government's Biodiversity 2020 Strategy demonstrated an 'improvement' in 2018 (Defra, 2019).
This symposium will act as a unique and timely forum for national government, local authorities, environmental organisations, developers, third sector organisations and other key stakeholders to examine progress towards biodiversity targets. Delegates will also contribute to the development of innovative future strategies to promote and safeguard national biodiversity.
- Examine progress made towards the Biodiversity 2020 targets and discuss remaining challenges in achieving strategic ambitions
- Explore the potential impact of the Agriculture Bill 2017-19 and a new subsidy system on promoting national biodiversity
- Assess key local measures and initiatives used to deliver national biodiversity targets
- Explore methods that businesses may adopt to effectively integrate conservation into their practices and halt biodiversity loss
- Generate priorities to build a stronger and more effective national biodiversity strategy post-2020
To view our brochure, including the full event programme, click here .
I am pleased to advise you that we offer a 20% early registration discount off the standard delegate rates (subject to type of organisation and terms and conditions) for bookings received by the 9th August 2019. Do feel free to circulate this information to relevant colleagues within your organisation.
In the meantime, to ensure your organisation is represented, please book online or complete and return the attached registration form at your earliest convenience in order to secure your delegate place(s).